What’s up, new Lumos family member? Starting at a gym like ours (or any new endeavor, really) can be a bit like drinking water through a fire hose, so we thought we’d share our top tips to maximize your experience at Lumos Fitness Collective. Trust us, we’re professionals!
1. Plan Your Week: We know it can be tough to plan beyond what’s for dinner, but try planning your workout schedule at the start of each week. Not only will this set you up for success, but it also lessens the chance of your favorite class being replaced by a last-minute Netflix binge. And we all know how “just one episode” turns out.
2. Routine is King: Consistency is key, folks! Show up at the same days and times each week. Your brain loves patterns, and it’s a great way to trick it into thinking burpees are as routine as brushing your teeth. (If only it were that easy!)
3. Early Bird Wins: If you can, sign up for the earliest class. This way, if life throws you a curveball (or a rogue alarm clock), you still have a backup class later in the day. Plus, you can brag about being done with your workout while others are still sleeping.
4. Track Your Progress: Whether you’re a notebook fanatic, a digital devotee, or a BTWB junkie (our gym-provided tracking app, for the uninitiated), keep track of your results. Studies show that trackers improve faster. And we coaches can vouch for that – we didn’t get these muscles by forgetting our PRs!
5. Embrace the Lumos Community: Finally, don’t be a stranger! Introduce yourself, join our gym Slack, or just chat with fellow gym-goers. You might be surprised at how much having a workout buddy can boost your motivation (and they can’t let you skip those looooong metcon days if you’re accountable to them).
6. Take Part in Events: We aren’t just about challenging workouts; we also have fun! Participate in our events, informal hangs, book club, sports teams, and more. This is your chance to prove you’re more than just a pretty face that can deadlift a small car.
7. Leverage the Power of Community: Finally, remember, we’re more than just a gym. We’re a community of cool, supportive folks who happen to love fitness. If you have questions, need a pet sitter, or just want to share a hilarious gym meme, we’re here for you.
At Lumos Fitness Collective, we believe that fitness is a journey best embarked upon with a supportive, fun-loving community by your side. So, follow these tips, and you’ll fit right in. Here’s to sweating, laughing, and achieving our goals together! See you at the gym!